“A crave, craze, fashion or psychological disorder”
(Society at risk -youth, middle age & old age)
As per WHO survey more than 8 million people embraces death due to smoking habits every year. The major human body organs suffers Heart, Lungs, Liver, circulatory system, in consequences cardiac disorders (Heart attack, angina), lungs damage (cough, asthma, bronchitis), cancers of respiratory tract, diabetes and mainly high blood pressure are reported in all smokers.
Overview of Tobacco:
Tobacco is prepared from leaves of nicotiana plant (Generally pronounced as tobacco plant), it comprises on more than 70 species but most commonly used N.tabcum, as its active ingredient is nicotine and harmine.
Tobacco smoke also contains carbon monoxide and tar. Generally nicotine harmless in single use, also given as treatment to smoking addicted people but when it is composed with other harmful chemicals like carbon monoxide, cause serious respiratory health issues even up to lung or respiratory cancer.
Carbon monoxide is poisonous and toxic gas which replaces the oxygen level in human blood and increase the heart working speed and also affects lungs working efficiency as well. When the cells and tissues gets low oxygen, in consequence their performance decreases and in the end results organ failure.
Tar is sticky brown substance that stains the smokers teeth and it holds cancer producing elements. Tar narrows the lungs tubes and in results breath difficulties appears alongside suffocation which leads towards pulmonary disease.
Few toxic chemicals such as benzene, arsenic and formaldehyde also included for tobacco users which hurts more than anything else.
Tobacco comes in many forms but its major use in form of Cigarettes. On the international day of “NO SMOKING” WHO conveyed following stop smoking health benefits.
Stop Smoking Health Benefits
Beneficial health changes that take place:
- Within 20 minutes, your heart rate and blood pressure drop.
- 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
- 2-12 weeks, your circulation improves and your lung function increases.
- 1-9 months, coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
- 1 year, your risk of coronary heart disease is about half that of a smoker’s.
- 5 years, your stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker 5 to 15 years after quitting.
- 10 years, your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker and your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix, and pancreas decreases.
- 15 years, the risk of coronary heart disease is that of a nonsmoker’s.
Homoeopathy offers very extensive and long lasting remedies to quit smoking habits and addictions. Homoeopathy have ability to treat the patients on their constitutional level , keeping in view smoking habits can also be finished by using individually remedy of homoeopathy which varies patient to patient. Following are the key remedies:
- Avena sativa: Used to eliminate after effects due to tobacco and morphine.
- Cladium seg : Modifies craving for tobacco
- Tabacum: The symptomatology of Tabacum is exceedingly well marked
- Nux vomica: Shallow respiration. Oppressed breathing. Tight, dry hacking cough, helpful get rid from smoking addiction.
- Ignatia: Smoking due to Effects of grief and worry.
- Plantago: Depression and insomnia of chronic Nicotinism causes an aversion to tobacco.